A Blessing from Above

 


Mothers, they are our first teachers and first friend. They have carried their child in her womb, undergoing pain and suffering for nine months, and nurturing her little one with all her heart and soul. She, a mother, who wants nothing else but for their child to grow up strong, healthy, and safe. They are there by our sides since day one. And now, let us take time to appreciate our mothers, as well as our mother-figures in life.

With just simple gifts like making them handwritten cards, or you can buy flowers or cake. Even chocolates or a simple bonding time with the family. Whichever it may be, let us show our mother a simple token of how we appreciate and cherish them.

I remember that I made this card for my mama because she was about to go abroad for work. I asked papa for help in rummaging through our pictures in trying to find the best picture. I cut out a big heart on a colored paper, pasted multiple pictures of us and wrote a message. For me at that time it was just a simple card that I wanted to give but for mama. And when I gave it to her, she then got very emotional. I didn’t understand at that time as to why.

I brought this conversation up not so long ago and that made me understand how sentimental little things are to mama. She’d rather have something that is more sentimental, something closer to her heart then any extravagant thing. Showing her that we love and appreciate and that we are strong and healthy is what mothers want the most.

With that being said, I truly do thank the universe for my mama. Words cannot amount to how blessed I am, and I also want to say sorry for all the bad things that I have done that greatly upsets you.



Comments

  1. Simplicity is often underrated, yet it is the best thing that could happen in the world. At the end of the day, fancy things wouldn't last in someone's heart; but it's the little things that people we love create and gift us because of the pure effort they put into it just for us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts