First Quarter: A struggle for many

 


            It’s almost the ending of first quarter once again at Ilocos Sur National High School. It has been a very challenging eight week and I can assure everyone that the next quarters will be as challenging or if not even more challenging. I have learned and struggled a lot from each subject but then again it is part of the experience. Today’s blog is all about the things I’ve learned in this quarter, the problems/challenges that I have encountered and how I address the said challenges.

            I have fun learning in ICT because it’s usually a hands-on experience where you yourself will make power points, use ms excel. In the first lesson, the internet timeline was a very interesting topic to start off with, I’ve discovered many things such as how the internet was first conceived in the early ‘60s under the leadership of the Department of Defense’s Advanced Research Project Agency (ARPA), how in 1991 the World Wide Web is born and in 1994 was when the Philippines was connected to the internet. I also then learned more about the internet browser, Parts of the web browser, the levels of domain name are: 3rd level domain wherein it helps the server locate the address on the internet by narrowing it down to the World Wide Web (www); 2nd level domain tells the web name of the entity you want to locate; and the top level domain (TLD) is the suffix or a web address, it indicates the type of entity to which web site belongs, such as .gov, .edu, .org, .com and many more.

            In the second lesson, I have learned about the internet services and tools such as electronic mail (e-mail), Discussion Groups or ‘newsgroups’, Long-distance Computing, and much more.

            During the Third lesson we discussed about blogs or also called web log, where it is usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, description of events or other materials such as graphics or video. I’ve also learned that there are different types of blogs like personal blogs, corporate blogs, my media type and much more.

            The next lesson is where we were taught how to create a blog account using www.blogger.com. I learned about the blog structure, parts of the blog, the importance of citing the sources, and as well as information and how to avoid plagiarism.

            In the fifth lesson we had a recall of some of our first lesson with some added information, we are presented with client server computing, web server software, web server hardware, web server and browser interaction.

            In the sixth lesson we tackled about using search engines like Google. It makes it easier for us to find sites and sources from the internet much faster by using synonyms, homonyms and truncation. I’ve also learned the phrase searching, Boolean logic, pseudo-Boolean logic and term weighing.

            With our current lesson, lesson seven, I have learned about internet access in which individual terminals, computers, mobile devices, and local area networks are connected to the global Internet, local area networks and wireless broadband access.

            And with the eight lesson I have learned about Data rate units which are the average number of bits (bitrate), characters or symbols (baudrate), or data blocks per unit time passing through a communication link in a data-transmission system. The ISQ symbols for the bit and byte are bit and B, respectively. In the context of datarate units, one byte consists of 8 bits, and is synonymous with the unit octet. There is also Bandwidth where it describes the maximum data transfer rate of a network or Internet connection. Bandwidth also refers to a range of frequencies used to transmit a signal.

            The problems that I have encountered with my modules is that I am self learning, there are terms in the modules that I am not familiar with and many of the instructions confuses me. But nonetheless I can manage to get over these problems thanks to implementing online classes. There are also my friends who help me understand the parts of the lesson that I don’t understand and the internet. 

            Moving on, I will continue to study hard. Struggling with our lessons is a part of being a student and I will not loss hope, I will continue my hard work throughout the school year.


References: 
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Flilyotron.blog%2F1st-quarter-refresh%2F&psig=AOvVaw0nLvCPmDTixKExJSGYmlxB&ust=1636533630056000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAsQjRxqFwoTCKCS_4DxivQCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAJ



 

Comments

Popular Posts